This is for the determination of there sub sieve particle distribution in a soil sample by mechanical analysis. An analysis of this kind expresses quantitatively the proportions by weight of the various sizes of particles present in the soils. It is recommended as a standard procedure to use dispersion agent to avoid floculation.
- Specifications :The apparatus consists of a sliding panel which moves up and down by means of a screw allowing Anderson pipette fixed to it to be raised or lowered vertically. A sedimentation tube is held by a laboratory clamp provided on the stand below the pipette. The depth of immersion is measured by a scale graduated in mm at the side of the sliding panel. Supplied complete with Anderson pipette 10 ml. at the side capacity made from glass, and a sedimentation tube also of glass of 500 ml capacity and 50 Nos Test forms.
- Accessories & Spares :
1) Sedimentation pipette (Anderson pipette) 25ml.
2) Sedimentation tube 1000ml.
3) Sedimentation pipette 10ml.
4) Sedimentation tube 500ml.
5) Test forms pad of 50.